There are some fabulous trips to taken from the harbour including tours to see some great caves, including the famous Fosforlu Magarasi (Phosphorescent Cave), Apiklar Madarasi (Lovers` cave) and Korsanlar Madarasi (Pirates` Cave), with the latter being ideal for children, especially those who love Jack Sparrow. For those looking for entertainment more from the modern era, you have the fantastic Water Planet Aqua Park. A special treat is visiting the beautiful waterfalls and Nature Park at Dimcay here you can rest and relax on one of the many pontoons on the river and enjoy a lazy lunch, swim in the water and have fun on the water slides it makes for a lovely day out. Alanya has long been one of the most popular tourist destinations in Turkey, with millions of people descending on the town each week throughout the season properties in Alanya are ideal for everyone.
If you love water sports then you won’t be disappointed with a huge selection to keep even the most active busy, try your hand at white water rafting, canyoning and rafting, scuba diving and beginners courses are available, fishing and snorkelling. Other activities include tandem paragliding taking in the views of Alanya, zip lining, quad safari, Sapadere canyon, Manavgat canyon safari, horseback riding and other fabulous trips available too including jeep safari, sunset cruises, private boat hire, hire a private luxury yacht with crew on board who will cater to your every whim. This is all of course, on top of Alanya’s core offering of sun, sea, sand, a long season and shops/restaurants open all year round. You can shop until you drop in Alanya with numerous shopping malls, designer boutiques, leather goods, fabulous jewellery stores, gift and speciality shops and street markets galore everything you could possibly want you can find as well as property in Alanya.
Most international flights arrive at Antalya airport which is around 127 km from Alanya; transfers are available by shuttle bus, private car hire and taxi. You will likely have heard a lot about Alanya property for sale in the last couple of years, this is because of the new airport opening at Gazipasa, I should say newly opened airport as it was actually built 10 years ago but has only just been able to open and serve flights. Currently, the airport has a growing range of European flights, and is expecting the number of routes to continue increasing; there are a few British routes available also. But to say that the Gazipasa airport has made Alanya into a tourist destination or a hot property market is completely over-stretching the mark, Alanya properties have always been a firm favourite.
Eating out is a great experience in Alanya, with cafes and bars and restaurants to cater for all tastes. If you have never tried meze it’s a must, it’s a selection of many dishes you eat with bread and this is a starter. There are so many wonderful fresh fish restaurants close to the harbour you will be spoilt for choice. Traditional Turkish cuisine is on offer at restaurants called Locanta, here the food is ready made and you choose what you would like to eat, its home cooked traditional foods with many choices available. For a real treat sample authentic Ottoman, a speciality is a lamb dish and it's utterly delicious. There are of course plenty of vegetarian options on offer and just about every international dish you can think of too. There are numerous bars and cafes from relaxed and cosy to upbeat and lively. Live music is a favourite from traditional Turkish to whatever is currently in the charts, all tastes are catered for. Cocktail bars are aplenty to serve your favourite summer tipple and nightclubs are dotted throughout the resort where you can dance until dawn, all this and more makes real estate in Alanya very attractive.
Alanya real estate is an ideal investment for everyone, owning a holiday home here caters for all the family from young children to teenagers, couples and friends there is something for all. Investors and holiday home owners make excellent rental returns on their properties as holidaymakers prefer to rent a lovely apartment or villa rather than stay in a hotel; it affords freedom of movement, more space and privacy. Not everyone wants to rent their property out but it does make sense to when not using, you can recoup your investment with healthy rental returns by using one of the many excellent rental management companies that are around, they make it all very easy for you and they also check your property weekly/monthly when it is empty.
The weather in Alanya is glorious with long hot summers and the winter months are mild too, thus visitors arrive throughout the year, real estate in Alanya for sale will give you the freedom to take extra or extended holidays, numerous long weekend breaks and will you give you the kind of lifestyle we all aspire to have. Maybe you just need to relax and unwind at the beach or visit the wonderful sights and see the many beautiful historic buildings. The more adventurous and sporty can have fun-packed days with a whole host of activities already mentioned, for others taking a stroll along the beautiful harbour, and sitting down at one of the many cafes to enjoy a long cool drink whilst taking in the breathtaking views of the stunning Med is their idea of heaven.
Don’t delay in looking for real estate for sale in Alanya, we can help you find your dream home and you can be enjoying this summer in your very own holiday home!
There are an array of lovely villages and small towns to choose from, Villas cost from £150,000 GBP, apartments start from £45,000 GBP and a typical house will cost from £120,000 GBP. It’s just a case of you visiting Alanya too see which is perfect for you, your family and friends.
Facts about Alanya
Telephone area code (+90) 242
Area size 1,582 km²
Latitude / Longitude 36.5444° N, 31.9954° E
Population (approx) 300,000
Information about Alanya
• Alanya is located on the central Mediterranean south west coast of Turkey.
• Alanya is 135 kilometres away from Antalya.
• Alanya’s Cleopatra Beach is named after the Egyptian Queen who it is said, swam there.
• Alanya is also referred to as the Turquoise Coast for its inviting blue waters.
• Alanya has many popular resorts nearby including Antalya, Belek, Kemer, Manavgat and Side.
• Alanya has a population of around 300,000 full time residents.
• Alanya’s harbour area is the hub for socialising and its nightlife.
• Alanya’s main International Airport is in Antalya (AYT) 120km away.
• Alanya’s closest International Airport is Gazipasa (GZP) just 41.2km away.
• Alanya is a thriving holiday resort in Turkey.
• Alanya hosts around 3.5 million tourists per year.
• Alanya welcomes 1 in 10 visitors to Turkey.
• Alanya’s main religion practised is Islam.
• Alanya boasts a large expat community.
• Alanya is home to mainly Scandinavian, German and Russian expats.
• Alanya’s Castle proudly watches over the beachfront from a high rocky hill.
• Alanya’s octagonal Red Tower dates back to 1226.
• Alanya’s Damlatas Caves are reputed to have healing qualities for asthma sufferers.
• Alanya’s Ataturk House Museum holds historical artifacts from the man who founded the Republic of Turkey.
• Alanya’s Dim Cave and river is a natural sightseeing delight.
• Alanya’s Archaeological Museum displays Roman and Byzantine artifacts.
• Alanya’s Koprulu National Park covers an area of 366km with forests, a canyon and an old Roman Bridge.
• Alanya’s Green Canyon hosts a 17km boat tour through lush green surroundings.
• Alanya is home to a range of luxury properties for sale with picturesque vistas of the Mediterranean Sea.
• Alanya property for sale is highly sought after for those wanting a cosmopolitan lifestyle in this popular location on the Mediterranean.