Property for sale in Fethiye & Fethiye real estate: Are you looking for the ideal holiday home? Is Turkey your preferred destination? More to the point is the beautiful location of Fethiye where you would like to be? Thousands of holiday home buyers and shrewd investors can’t be wrong by choosing this lovely area to buy their holiday home or indeed their permanent residence. Let’s give you an insight as to why this lovely coastal resort is so popular.
Fethiye property is not one of the most popular overseas property choices in Turkey. It is one of the most popular overseas property choices in the world, that’s why real estate Fethiye is highly sought after.
Before the international financial crisis, Turkey was a fringe market, largely undiscovered by the masses of overseas property buyers. Those who had enjoyed holidays in Fethiye for example, would buy holiday homes in Fethiye, but Turkey missed out on the larger investment market, as investors favoured markets with a more straight forward path to EU accession.
But now the shoe is not only on the other foot, but on a foot that has been transplanted to a different body of the opposite sex. EU accession is not the grand prize it once was and we have Turkey, standing out as one of the strongest, most stable economies in Europe and the world. So Turkey now gets the best of both worlds; holiday home buyers and investors. Istanbul, Izmir and Bodrum are among the favourites for investors, but Fethiye is certainly among the favourites along with Kalkan for holiday home buyers, Fethiye properties are indeed hot!
The Attraction of Buying Property in Fethiye
Fethiye is located in the Mugla province which is in the Aegean region of Turkey. The total area is 2,955.08 km2 (1,140.96 sq miles) it is undoubtedly one of the most scenic areas and where most holiday homes are wanted and property for sale Fethiye is a great investment. This largely unspoilt area is a haven for holiday makers and thousands upon thousands of visitors enjoy their annual holidays here. Whilst it’s true, some holiday makers stay in hotels, rentals are increasing and families especially, prefer the comfort of staying in a rental home. Whether renting an apartment or a villa, it gives masses more space and privacy. This has a knock on effect for the home owners who are finding their rental property Fethiye giving excellent rental returns. Possibly you find your self with some spare cash and you don’t want to just bank it. There is always the temptation to just dip into it and before you know it all the money has gone and you have nothing to show for it. Investing for example in Fethiye, gives you not only your own holiday home but a sound investment. Not only can you take holidays when you need to escape the stresses and strains of everyday life, your investment can work for you. Gone will be the days of two weeks holiday per year, it offers the freedom of multiple visits, extended holidays and even long weekend breaks. Then the beauty of it is, your family and friends can enjoy it too, is there a bad side to investing? I think not. You will be spoilt for choice when looking for your ideal property. There are so many to choose from and all found in scenic villages and laid back towns where you will find a range of facilities to suit everyone.
Lazy days at the beach or sightseeing the choice is yours.
This fabulous country has a temperate Mediterranean climate, it’s perfect for basking in the sunshine or taking walks along the coastal paths taking in the breathtaking scenery. Enjoy hot dry summer days and taking a holiday in the winter months is possible too as Turkey has mild, cool winters. There are miles and miles of stunning scenic coastline with beautiful golden sandy beaches, ranked amongst some the best in the world and many of the beaches have been awarded the Blue Flag.
Who wouldn’t want to find a property for sale in Fethiye? With 300 days of warm sunshine per year, the town is big enough to be convenient but not so big as to be intimidating. The overall area of Fethiye stretches inland from the harbour for over seven miles, with many pretty villages and towns. Calis is to the North and has an impressive coastal promenade boasting amazing views. South West you will find the ghost town of Kayakoy which is a tourist attraction and to the South is picturesque Oludeniz. This truly lovely town is world famous for its beautiful beach and blue lagoon. Its tempting isn’t it to search for Fethiye property for sale, thousands do and they have never looked back.
You can find something for all the family in Fethiye, water-sports, adventure-based activities including horse riding at Perma Ranch, shopping, sightseeing like the Saklikent Gorge Canyon, history including the ancient ruins at Tlos, and culture and art in the Fethiye Museum. If you fancy a spot of Para gliding you can find it from the mountain of Babadag next to Oludeniz.
Apartments and Villas for Sale in Fethiye
So it is easy to see why it is a favourite with holiday makers and holiday home buyers. But those who buy Fethiye property are also attracted by its proximity to Dalaman. Dalaman is another of Turkey’s top tourist towns and home to one of its best served airports and just 20 miles away. This makes visiting Fethiye an enjoyable journey and transfer times once in Dalaman, quick and easy. Transfer shuttles are easily arranged and of course there are private taxis and you will also find local buses are available. This proximity to the Dalaman airport as well as to other tourist-attracting locations, complement what’s on offer in Fethiye. It gives property in Fethiye very strong rental potential, as well as the obvious appeal to holiday home buyers. This is why it is one of the top choices with foreign buyers who want amazing properties, days of endless sunshine and beautiful beaches they can call home.
What Do Properties Cost To Buy In Fethiye
There are an array of lovely villages and small towns to choose from, Villas cost from £105,000 GBP, apartments start from £45,000 GBP and a typical house will cost from £120,000 GBP. It’s just a case of you visiting Fethiye too see which is perfect for you, your family and friends.
Facts about Fethiye
Telephone area code (+90) 0252
Area size 3,059 km²
Latitude / Longitude 36.6592° N, 29.1263° E
Population (approx) 148,000
Information about Fethiye
• Fethiye is located on the south west Aegean Sea of Turkey.
• Fethiye is often called the Turquoise Coast due to its clear blue waters.
• Fethiye is where you begin to see the end of the Aegean Sea and the beginning of the Mediterranean Sea.
• Fethiye has many popular resorts nearby including Calis Beach, Hisaronu, Oludeniz, Ovacik and Uzumlu.
• Fethiye’s Calis Beach is most proud of its spectacular sunsets.
• Fethiye’s close neighbour Oludeniz has one of the most photographed beaches in the world, such is its beauty.
• Fethiye’s Oludeniz beach is famous for its Blue Lagoon.
• Fethiye has a population of around 148,000 full time residents.
• Fethiye has numerous rock tombs including the 4th century B.C. Tomb of Amyntas.
• Fethiye Marina is a favourite meeting point and has a jetty for up to 30 yachts.
• Fethiye’s closest International Airport is in Dalaman (DLM) just 44.5km away.
• Fethiye is a popular tourist holiday resort in Turkey.
• Fethiye welcomes over 600,000 British tourists per year, many of them return visitors.
• Fethiye’s main religion practised is Islam.
• Fethiye boasts a large expat community made up of mainly British citizens.
• Fethiye is home to over 7000 UK nationals.
• Fethiye’s villages of Uzumlu and Kemer have a large expat community.
• Fethiye’s village of Kayakoy is also called the Ghost Village because it was abandoned in 1923.
• Fethiye’s Lycian Way is a hiking trail which runs from Fethiye to Antalya over a stretch of 540km (336m).
• Fethiye’s ancient Lycian City of Pinara is home to an Amphitheatre, Odeon and Acropolis.
• Fethiye’s Oludeniz is famous for its paragliding off the Babadag Mountain and over the beautiful Blue Lagoon.
• Fethiye’s Butterfly Valley is home to diverse species of butterflies.
• Fethiye’s Gemiler Island is located just off the coast of Fethiye and Archaeologists believe it is the site of the original tomb of Saint Nicholas.
• Fethiye is home to a range of luxury properties for sale with picturesque views of its wonderful beaches.
• Fethiye property for sale is highly sought after for those wanting a relaxing lifestyle.