Property for sale in Altinkum & Altinkum real estate, what can we say about Altinkum property that hasn’t already been said? Property in Altinkum offers absolute value for money, which also makes it not only some of the ideal first-time properties to buy in Turkey and Europe, but also in the world. However, an affordable property is not what people want on its own, they are looking for a great investment and there is plenty of that to be found in a property for sale in Altinkum as well. Holiday homes in Altinkum are great value why? Because Altinkum is not a major city it’s a smallish town but a great little holiday resort with everything you could wish for, ideal for families, couples and friends with not only one but three fabulous golden sandy beaches, this lovely bustling coastal town has something to see and do for everyone.
The biggest attraction is the stunning 623 berth yacht Marina which has a heliport, fabulous shopping centre, bars and restaurants and covers 287,000 m2 it’s located between Parlementerler and the third beach and its official title is Didim D-Marina it’s the largest Marina in the Southern Aegean and quite rightly so it boasts to being larger than Bodrum’s 450 berth site! Properties in Altinkum are very popular because Altinkum is central for exploring the Aegean coastline; increasingly we are seeing holiday makers preferring to rent apartments and villas rather than staying in a hotel. The popularity of the “all inclusive” deals is tapering off due to many factors including the food, locally produced drinks and the fight every morning for the sun beds! Holidaymakers are now realising that cheap and cheerful is not what they want, they want to try different restaurants and bars and visit the resort instead of being stuck in the confines of a hotel.
This, in turn, makes the investor and holiday home buyer very happy as it means lucrative rental returns making their initial investment a profitable one. Altinkum property for sale could be just what you’re looking for if you fancy owning your own holiday apartment, duplex or villa in the Turkish sun, the benefits to owning your own place is extended holidays and numerous long weekend breaks whenever you want too. It gives you much more space than a hotel room, freedom of movement and privacy; it will also give you the lifestyle that most of us strive for. Altinkum properties are ideal for everyone because here you have a fantastic holiday home for you and your family to enjoy the 300 days of sun, sea and sand from. You can also rent out the property when not in use to give you high rental yields, just a few reasons why Altinkum real estate are the perfect all round buy.
Getting to Altinkum couldn’t be any easy with regular flights to Bodrum airport which is only around 75 minutes transfer away. You can also fly into Izmir airport which is around 105 minutes transfer time, arriving at Altinkum can be made via shuttle bus, private car hire or a taxi and can be pre-booked so you don't need to worry about being met at the airport.
Altinkum is a great little resort that you can wonder around in and find everything you want from great shopping with trendy little boutiques, numerous souvenir shops and local markets. There is a fun fair close to the Third beach which will keep the little ones happy all day long. Along the main beach are plenty of bars, cafes and restaurants that cater for all tastes, themed bars offer a variety of different entertainment nights from tribute acts to karaoke and dancing that make your evenings as fun as possible. Restaurants offer everything you can imagine from local rustic traditional Turkish cuisine to International favourites including British, Italian, Chinese and Indian. Children are well catered for in this resort making it particularly suitable for families; also the crystal clear Aegean Sea is very shallow along the Altinkum coastline, making it safer for the little ones paddling and swimming. Real estate in Altinkum is ideal for all but especially families who love beach holidays.
You can dress up or down here it's your choice, for a more formal evening then you can dine at the Marina or Yacht Club and each offer a superb array of cuisine and evening entertainment here is usually a live band playing and then a disco. Altinkum was once a small fishing village so locally caught fresh fish is always on the menu literally everywhere and there are some wonderful fish restaurants to be found close to the beach front. Traditionally a fish dish is served with a fresh salad, olives and fresh crusty bread and should be washed down with the locally produced Raki and water. Raki is an acquired taste, so don't despair if it's not to your liking, there are the locally brewed beer and some lovely wines to accompany your meal.
Just on the outskirts of the town is the wonderful Apollo Temple and Oracle, it’s the most historical feature in Didim and visitors come to see the beautiful ruins by their thousands it’s a must for the history buffs and guided tours are available. Altinkum actually means “golden sand” and this area is referred to as the main beach area and tourist resort. Didim or Didyma is the location of the resort itself, Didim means “twin” and according to a legend it refers to the twin God and Goddess, Apollo and Artemis who were said to have been born here, with so much to see and do here it's no wonder that real estate in Altinkum for sale is much sought after. At the beach, there is a whole host of water sports on offer from snorkelling, scuba diving, windsurfing, parasailing, water skiing, canoeing, banana rides, Jet Ski and ringo.
There are lots of excursion tours offered daily from jeep safaris, Turkish nights, Turkish baths, hiking, and night market visits.
Daily boat trips discover the surrounding bays and you can even take a day trip to the Greek Island of Kos. Nearby is the lovely resort towns of Kusadasi and Bodrum where you can also take daily visits, and there is the stunning village of Sirince with its cobbled narrow streets it’s a sheer delight to visit and they produce their own wine and you can taste before you buy. Breakfast at Bafa Lake has to be on your to-do list, it's surrounded by a natural park and is outstandingly beautiful; it was once part of the Aegean Sea and turned into a lake as a result of the Great Menderes Delta. You can visit Bafa Lake and one of the lovely restaurants anytime not only at breakfast but it's a wonderful part of the day to visit and is loved by holidaymakers and locals alike.
So there is a snapshot of lovely Altinkum/Didim in all its glory, there is something for everyone as all tastes are catered for from the very young to the older generation and it's a perfect location to consider buying your first holiday home as real estate for sale in Altinkum offers you a fabulous luxury lifestyle, on the stunning coastline of Turkey.
There are an array of lovely villages and small towns to choose from, Villas cost from £120,000 GBP, apartments start from £40,000 GBP and a typical house will cost from £120,000 GBP. It’s just a case of you visiting Altinkum too see which is perfect for you, your family and friends.
Facts about Altinkum
Telephone area code (+90) 256
Area size 300 km2
Latitude / Longitude 37.3588° N, 27.3058° E
Population (approx) 83,669
Information about Altinkum
• Altinkum is located on the western Aegean coast of Turkey in the Province of Ayd?n.
• Altinkum is also known as Didim (Didyma) once a Roman town. During the Ottoman Empire it was once called Yoranda or Yoran.
• Altinkum is situated between Izmir and Bodrum, a 90 minute drive in either direction.
• Altinkum has many popular locations near by including Akbuk, Bafa Lake, Mavisehir, Kaz?kl?, Söke, Bodrum and Kusadasi are all within a 1.5 hour drive.
• Altinkum has 3 beautiful golden beaches, referred to as 1st, 2nd and 3rd beaches.
• Altinkum’s beaches offer water sports including snorkelling, scuba diving, windsurfing, parasailing, water skiing, canoeing, banana rides and Jet Ski.
• Altinkum has the biggest marina in the southern Aegean called Didim D-Marina it is even bigger than Bodrum marina.
• Altinkum’s Didim D-Marina has berths for 623 yachts, a heliport, shops and restaurants and covers an area of 287,000 m2.
• Altinkum’s Yacht Club is based at the Didim D-Marina and offers a fine dining experience it is close to the 3rd beach.
• Altinkum has a population of around 83,669 full time residents.
• Altinkum’s old harbour is where the fishermen bring their fresh catch each day, it is between 1st and 3rd beach area.
• Altinkum offer boat trips around the bays and coves from the old harbour area close to 1st beach.
• Altinkum’s closest International Airport is Milas Bodrum Airport (BJV) just 85.8km (75 minutes away).
• Altinkum is also served by Izmir Adnan Menderes International Airport (ADB) 145.2km or 1 hour and 45 minutes away.
• Altinkum is one of the most popular family beach holiday resorts in Turkey especially for UK citizens who favour this area.
• Altinkum has beach clubs dotted along the resort at all its beaches.
• Altinkum’s main religion practised is Islam.
• Altinkum has an expat community of around 650 UK nationals.
• Altinkum is only 1.5 hours drive away from the centre of Bodrum.
• Altinkum’s most historical site is the Apollo Temple, The Oracle and Medusas Head.
• Altinkum’s, Didim means “twin” and according to legend it refers to the twin God and Goddess, Apollo and Artemis who were said to have been born here,
• Altinkum’s large market is open on Saturdays from 8am – 6pm.
• Altinkum’s nightlife area is mainly by the beach front promenades.
• Altinkum is home to a range of affordable property for sale with scenic views of the Aegean coast.
• Altinkum property for sale offers excellent value for money for those wanting a beachside location.